How to Optimize Your Sleep
Learn how to better optimize your sleep.
In this episode of The Ultimate Health Podcast, we discuss:
- Diane's journey from struggling with insomnia to writing The Sleep Fix
- Changing the narrative of sleep problems
- Why sleep disorders so often go undiagnosed
- Identifying your sleep problem
- Tracking your sleep
- Sleep apnea and alternative treatment options
- Circadian rhythm disorder explained
- Understanding how to treat insomnia
- Why removing blue light/screen time before bed might backfire for insomniacs
- Sleep tips for shift workers
- Journaling to help deal with worry
- Light therapy as a wake signal
- What’s a compromised circadian position?
- Aligning your circadian rhythm and sleep drive
- Diane’s thoughts on napping
- Caffeine is rarely the cause of long-term insomnia
- How long should it take to fall asleep?
- Should you listen to audiobooks, podcasts, or music? Or meditate before bed?
- How Alcohol impacts your sleep drive
- How to truly blackout your bedroom
- How to take the pressure off when it comes to nighttime routine
- Diane’s bedtime routine
- Diane’s transition from night shift to day shift work